Markos Vamvakaris I & II (Greek Music)@320
Size: 283.15 MB , Seeds: 0 , Peers: 0 ( Updated March 18, 2015 - Refresh )
Markos Vamvakaris was born on May 10, 1905 in Ano Chora, Syros, Greece. His family belonged to the sizeable Roman Catholic community of the island, the Frankosyrans, a name deriving from the common Greek reference to West Europeans collectively as "Franks".
At the age of 12, believing he was wanted by the police, Vamvakaris left Syros and went to Piraeus. He worked as a stevedore, employee at a pit-coal mine, polisher, paperman, butcher and other jobs. He heard a bouzouki player called Crazy Nick playing, and swore that if he did not learn to play the instrument in six months he would cut off his hand with a cleaver (he was working in the Athens slaughterhouse at the time). He learned bouzouki, becoming an innovative virtuoso player, and began to compose music, and write songs. At first he often played in hashish smoking establishments known as Tekes, later he and his band, which included Giorgos Batis, Anestis Delias and Stratos Pagioumtzis played in more legitimate clubs. They were extremely popular, and Markos made many recordings.
Vamvakaris recorded his first rebetiko disc, Na 'Rchosouna Re Magka Mou in 1934. Among other songs in that period, he wrote the classic love songs "Frangkosyriani" (Franco-Syran Girl) and "Ta Matoklada Sou Lampoun" (Your Eyelashes Shine).
After the liberation of Greece from the occupation of Nazi Germany, difficult times arrived, since his kind of music was no longer fashionable. He had to amend many of his songs during the dictatorship of Ioannis Metaxas. He also suffered badly with arthritis in his hands. The slump in his fortunes lasted until the end of the 1950s, when after initiatives by Vassilis Tsitsanis, many of his old songs were revived, sung by famous artists including Grigoris Bithikotsis, and Stratos Dionysiou. That was how he made his comeback on the scene, becoming known as one of the greatest figures of rebetiko. Vamvakaris died on February 8, 1972 at the age of 66.
Markos Vamvakaris I
Einai o 2os titlos tis seiras 'Sunthetes tou Rempetikou' apo ti megali seira 'Arheio Ellinikis Diskografias'.
01. O Hasapis
02. Sta Sidera Me Valane
03. O Harmanis
04. O Dervisis
06. An Eisai Magkas
07. Psila Ti Htizeis Ti Fwlia
08. Zito Pantou O Kaimenos
09. An Theleis Na Me Deis Gampro
10. Ta Duo Sou Heria Pirane
11. Foras Foustani Vussini
12. Soultana Maurofora
14. Af´ Otou Egennithika
15. Me Planepses Mpoemisa
16. An Fugoume Ston Polemo
18. Taximi Zeimpekiko
Markos Vamvakaris II
Einai o 14os titlos tis seiras 'Sunthetes tou Rempetikou' apo ti megali seira 'Arheio Ellinikis Diskografias'.
01. Markos Vamvakaris - Karantouzeni
02. Markos Vamvakaris - Wres Me Threfei O Loulas
03. Markos Vamvakaris - Ta Matia Sou T' Arapika
04. Markos Vamvakaris - Kapote Imouna Ki Ego
05. Markos Vamvakaris - O Sunahis
06. Markos Vamvakaris - Otan Pinw Toumpekaki
07. Markos Vamvakaris - Markos O Surianos
08. Ap.Hatzihristos-M.Vamvakaris - Koula Fragkosuriani
09. St.Keromutis-Iwanna Gewrgakopoulou - Katw 'kei Sti Drapetsona
10. Stratos Pagoiumtzis - Mpampesika Mou Ta 'feres
11. Stelios Hrusinis - Giati Giati Mou To 'krupses
12. Markos Vamvakaris - Kavaliotissa
13. Markos Vamvakaris - Eisai Melahroino Kai Nostimo
14. Korina Thesallonikia -M.Vamvakaris - Den Paei Gia To Stoma Sou
15. M.Vamvakaris-S.Pagioumtzis - Stis Nuhtas To Skotadi
16. Markos Vamvakaris - Mia Omorfi Melahroini
17. M.Vamvakaris-Ap.Hatzihristos - Eisai Afrati San Fratzola
18. Markos Vamvakaris - Arap-Zeimpekiko (Orhistriko)
My cd-rip (EAC and Lame)
Enjoy,Seed and Share
Scrape History ( seeds + peers )
You must log in to add a comment.
|Vamvakaris Markos - 1971 - Fragkosyriani||91.66 MB||2||0||3 years||2 months|